1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice re Pay

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Laphroig, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Laphroig

Laphroig Lead commenter

I am missing a week’s pay from when I switched umbrella companies in May. Both umbrella companies have referred me back to my agency, a one woman organisation, and I am getting no response. I received no pay fro 5vweeks and going into lockdown was used as an excuse by the umbrella company, and family issues by my agent. I have not been recompensed for the incurred bank charges as a result. Of more concern is the missing week’s pay. Any advice as to what action I can take as phone calls, emails, texts are going unanswered? TIA.

2. btml

btml New commenter

Email the umbrella companies and the agency asking for the payment. Always email as this creates a paper trail. State in there that the umbrella company is saying the agency has the money. Raise the case with ACAS 0300 123 1100 as then they will contact the companies involved for you and then it can go to a tribunal. You need to raise a claim with ACAS within 3 months of the missing pay date.

nvanlimbeek likes this.
  3. Laphroig

Laphroig Lead commenter

Thank you.