1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

advice re own child in school

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by mummyassistant, Sep 12, 2015.

1. I am hoping someone can give me some advice!!! Please!

I am an assistant in a reception class and my daughter just started nursery in the same school. I see her at various times during the day (playground if I am on duty, dining hall) and she will sometimes cry and I am not sure exactly how to deal with it.

If I am on duty at the time, I treat her as I would any other child but if I am not I am not quite sure what to do.

For example, if I were walking past her in the corridor and I happen to see her crying, what do I do?

i would appreciate any advice or tips!!!

thank you so much

2. chrisb240586

chrisb240586 New commenter

Aw bless you must feel awful I had the same problem I eork in the same school as both mu girls and had this issue with my youngest. As horrible as it sounds I just used to say that I would see her soon and keep walking and her teachers used to tell me she didnt cry for long as they would distract her. She is now fine snd if she sees me in the playground just quickly tells me a bit about what shes been doing then goes off and plays. So it might just be give them time to adjust seeing you around.