1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice plz

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by flower16, May 12, 2012.

1. Hi all i am wanting to apply for a post which requires creative teachers and who are dynamic, any advice how i could cover this and show in my personal statement? i have included ideas on lessons being creative, the use of resources. Any ideas much appreciated. thanks

2. Hi all i am wanting to apply for a post which requires creative teachers and who are dynamic, any advice how i could cover this and show in my personal statement? i have included ideas on lessons being creative, the use of resources. Any ideas much appreciated. thanks

3. Have you being involved in any cross curricular work? Have you used any good techniques for formative assessment? It really depends on what you have done, have you designed any cool series of lessons? Do you share lots of resources in your department, I am sure you are creative but you must look back and see what you have done, maybe interesting field trips, sure you will think of something, good luck

4. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Perhaps flower16 thinks that he or she is being "creative" by ignoring the rules of grammar and punctuation. The other possibility is that he or she does not actually know them.

5. j_pink

j_pink New commenter

Why be so damn bitchy?
    Flower 16:
    Perhaps you can show creativity by suggesting ways you might teach a particular topic in a totally 'risky' way. I remember this being a question that came up for my GTP interview. Remember that creativity and risk (safe risks obv!) show potential to be outstanding.
    I hope this helps.
    Ignore the criticism - there's loads of that in teaching [​IMG] mainly from unsatisfied people. Hey, did you like the way I replaced a punctuation mark with a smiley?!

6. Didnt know i was being assessed on my writing skills lol, quick typing and seeking advice which the forum is intended to do! Thanks for the useful advice guys!

7. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

You're welcome.