1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Please

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by EurekaYT, Jul 2, 2020.

1. EurekaYT

EurekaYT New commenter

Hello,

I have been asked to teach 2 days per week at a Prep School. I am a qualified Teacher, with over 12 years experience as a Pastoral Leader and a Head of Department. I am currently self-employed, and running my own Youth Theatre.

I have been asked to come into the school and to teach the entire Drama curriculum to years 4-8 over these 2 days. I would be teaching as a self-employed person, and would not be on the school's payroll. I would also be running their school productions, running an after school club, and teaching LAMDA performance qualifications.

I have been wondering about pay, and how to charge for the time that I am in the school. I have looked into supply teacher pay, and have posted on some of the other forums for advice. It has been recommended that I post to Headteachers, to get an idea of how you would approach paying a self-employed teacher in your schools, and what you would expect to be paying them for a role like this.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

2. install

install Star commenter

Speak to your Union,

It may depend what arrangement you have with the school and what you normally charge in the Youth theatre role. You would need to get some expert advice too on things like insurance. How did they cone across you?

3. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Established commenter

Anything above your agreed days would be charged at a consultant rate so you'd just invoice the school.