1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Please!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Woaiduojiao, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Woaiduojiao

Woaiduojiao New commenter

My situation is a bit complicated. Hope can get help.

After one month 'work related stress' off work I am going back school next Monday. My GP's Statement of Fitness for Work says " you may be fit to work but recommend starting just 1-2 days a week, gradually building up to full time agreed with work place, this will be the case for 28 days". GP doesn't want me to take risk of my health.

I need to talk to HT and HOD get a 'phased return work' time table to make sure I am confident/comfortable to teach again.

Before my off work I had 7 teaching groups, taught 3 of them by myself, share 4 groups with other teachers. I am wondering what is the best way to do '1-2 days a week' work at school?
    E.g. do 1-2 days full teaching (4 or 5 lessons a day) a week, which means I need to share teaching groups with other teachers; or teach one or two groups' all lessons not sharing with other teachers but have to go to school every day?

Any advice please? Many thanks.

2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

What do you think will work for you health/stress wise? Do you think you could do two full days and have a break the other three? Could you cope with being in 5 days a week knowing how work tends to creep into any spare time ("as you're here could you just do...")? The school may have its own ideas and need to take cover arrangements into consideration. Do you want full responsibility for a whole group or would sharing offer some support and back-up? Think about it and then talk to the school.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter