1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Advice, please

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by maurice-r, Aug 28, 2015.

  1. maurice-r

    maurice-r Established commenter

    I suspect that our daughter who had her own flat nearby has moved out of the area and got a new job twenty miles outside the area without even telling us. I don't know how to approach her about it. She doesn't answer my phone calls and is slow to reply to texts. She drops in once a month or so, but I miss her like hell . I want the best for her but be very hurt if she hasn't even bothered to tell us of this major change. Any advice would be welcome.
  2. Lara mfl 05

    Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

    They do say the best way to 'retain' your children is 'to let them go'. Then they tend to want to return of their own free will. The harder you pull the reins, the more they'll tug for their freedom.

    If she still contacts you, just let her make her own decisions/mistakes. Just be there to pick up the pieces if it goes pear-shaped.

    We do want our children to develop independence and the we get upset when they do!

    Honestly it may be something she has to do for herself. She'll tell you when she wants to, if you allow her the freedom to do so.
  3. maurice-r

    maurice-r Established commenter

    Thanks. You may be right, but it still hurts not knowing where our only child is, lives or works.

Share This Page