1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice please

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Lainey88, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Hi all,

I've returned to work after my maternity leave and I'm miserable. It appears that my TLR time out of class has been removed - I know this can be done but it was without consultation with me and I found out from the person covering me. I'm essentially back to being a full time class teacher.

It looks like they are changing my TLR role - but I've been told not to worry and just to concentrate on my class teaching. I would like to see them not worry about this if it was their role.

I feel like they may make my TLR role redundant - do I have any recourse? Should I stay or should I go?

Thank you

2. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

Your TLR is part of your job. It can't be separated from it easily.

3. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

You have a right to return to the same job with the same conditions, after maternity leave. If you ahve been on extended maternity leave, you have the right to return to a job of similar status and conditions.

4. Thank you for the responses. I knew it would be different when I went back but to have my time removed and to be told get on with your class teaching is a bit of a kick in the teeth. The flip side is that they could be being kind asking me to relax and get settled in but it all seems to be being done to me rather than with me. And of course, all done just before a holiday! Thanks again.