1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice please!

Discussion in 'Geography' started by JonPCarr, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Hi

This may, or most likely may not be, the correct place to ask this but please stay with me.

Has anyone on here completed the geography PGCE after coming from industry as a mature student (I will be 35 when I will apply for a PGCE) but not had A level geography?

I have college level qualifications, professional registration with the General Dental Council and work for a Russell Group university and my role involves instructing students. I also gave up time at work last year to complete a teaching assistant qualification and to spend time in a school. I know this is what I want to do, but coming from this job it is a considerable risk financially so I need to make sure I give myself the best possible chance.

I cannot decide if it would make much difference if I completed the A level to getting on a PGCE with my circumstances (mature student etc).

Has anyone done something similar?

Thanks

Jon