1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice please!

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by purplecardigan, Feb 12, 2012.

1. This is really a personal question but I think the expertise may lie in this forum.
    I was thinking of going to a yoga class with my 13 year old. The class will be predominantly, if not exclusively, adult. I can't find a teenage class in my area.
    Do you think 13 is too young to join this sort of class? He's been doing dance and ballet classes for several years so he's quite fit.
    I would appreciate your thoughts.
    Thank you

2. This is really a personal question but I think the expertise may lie in this forum.
    I was thinking of going to a yoga class with my 13 year old. The class will be predominantly, if not exclusively, adult. I can't find a teenage class in my area.
    Do you think 13 is too young to join this sort of class? He's been doing dance and ballet classes for several years so he's quite fit.
    I would appreciate your thoughts.
    Thank you

3. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Why do you think it would be a problem? it's not a 'contact' activity so I don't see a risk from this angle. You will be there with him too, so that's not a problem.
    I would imagine it would be a nice thing for the 2 of you to do together. It would be nice for him to develop his social skills too with adults.
    I wish my two children had done something like this/been able to do something like this with me.
    Regards the difficulty level, ask the course tutor whether it will be OK for him.
    Good luck.

4. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

If the class instructor is OK with it then why not.
    Maybe after a few weeks the instructor may consider setting up a teenage class. Your son could help to spread the word amongst his friends.

5. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

Possibly. But then the son would also need to join a MMA class (j/k, mostly).