1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice please!!!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by JLYoung123, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Back in Nov, I applied to Bath Spa for the primary PGCE. Had the interview, was unsucessful, very gutted but moved on to second choice. My application then went to Oxford Brookes. Didn't hear anything for ages so contacted both Uni and GTTR to ask for advice etc. Was told that some providers were holding back on interviews until funding became clearer etc. Started to worry that I may be waiting for too long and then miss out on other possible places. I then withdrew my application from Brookes and sent it to Devon SCITT, who informed me they were still interviewing and drawing up conditional offers. Last night I received a letter in the post from Brookes offering me an interview(!), however, letter states to ignore if applicant has withdrawn. What shall I do? Any advice would be great!

2. chicabonita

chicabonita New commenter

Surely you've answered your own question?

3. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

I would contact them, explain why you withdrew and ask if they will still consider you for the interview. That is all you can do now to be honest.

4. I don't think you can do anything now really to be honest. You have already withdrawn - with primary PGCE being so popular I don't see them reconsidering you again. [​IMG]

5. Devon SCITT is one of the best providers in the UK, it's who I have a conditional (pending funding - it hasn't changed on GTTR officially yet but it should in the next few days [​IMG]) offer with!
    If your other interview is now null and void then I say go for it with Devon SCITT, the interview day was pretty intensive but they are really lovely and put you at ease.

6. I have my interview for Devon SCITT on wednesday and I'm so nervous!
    Do you have any tips? I'm worried that I Iwon't know enough about current issues etc, was there much in particular that came up in the interview?
    Any tips about any of the day would be great! I have no idea what to expect, it's my first interview for anything!

7. Oh I'm really sorry, I haven't been on here for weeks!! I hope it all went well!
    If you had searched through my past posts you would have found quite a lot about my interview, so I hope you did that.....I feel bad now!!!