1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice please! What jobs can i apply for with my Early years degree

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Juju86, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Juju86

Juju86 New commenter

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice. I graduated in July with a 2:1 in BA hons Early Years studies. I have 5 years experience working in a primary school, hold an ILM level 5 leadership and management certificate and have management and leadership experience in office/retail. I am looking to relocate from Belfast to London and have been looking at early years positions but i want advice as to what all other jobs i can apply for instead of teaching assistant or nursery room leaders roles. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks
    J

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

If you hold Early Years status then you could be considered for a nursery teacher post particularly in the academy. or independent sector. Otherwise it would be the range of nursery or assistant roles.
    It really does depend upon which part of London you are relocating to as there are more opportunities in some areas than in others. North and East tend to have fewer ITT training and so less teachers. You also need to consider the overall Early Years provision for particular boroughs.