1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice please re organisation/ideas

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by birdonawire, Mar 2, 2012.

1. I have recently taken early retirement and will be doing some supply teaching in Years 1 and 2 . My previous school used Read Write Inc for 3 days a week which covered all the basics in reading and phonics and the rest of the week was for cross curricular writing etc.
    I am worried that I have not used Letters and Sounds nor had to organise differentiated phonics in one session. Our RWInc groups were also effectively big guided reading groups so didn't have to manage those either.
    Any thoughts or advice on managing these sessions when I meet them would be appreciated.
    BW

2. I'm the other way round in that I've taught and planned for Letters and Sounds but not for RWI. It's never been a problem in any school I've been in because I've always been left the planning. My advice is not to worry unduly.

3. Mrs-Pip

Mrs-Pip New commenter

http://www.letters-and-sounds.com/ Have a look at that website and get your hands on the documents for letters and sounds which are free from the gov website. If you have to teach differentiated then just mix and match the phases when teaching but set a different task for each year/abiliity group. It's not much different from teaching anything else once you get the hang of it! Don't worry, get familiar with the stuff and it will be a breeze!