1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice please : need to get up to speed.

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Hedda Gabler, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Hello TES EY folk,
    I am an experienced EY teacher but, having been made redundant in July 2010, I have not worked in schools or EY classroom during the academic year 2010/2011.
    Please would anybody like to get me up to speed by relaying key facts about any changes or future changes and their opinions about any proposed change.
    Thanks

2. Hello TES EY folk,
    I am an experienced EY teacher but, having been made redundant in July 2010, I have not worked in schools or EY classroom during the academic year 2010/2011.
    Please would anybody like to get me up to speed by relaying key facts about any changes or future changes and their opinions about any proposed change.
    Thanks

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Probably the big thing was the Tickell review and the proposed changes to EYFS
    In theory the profile is being slimmed down ... in reality they are all being crammed into 17 bigger /broader ELGs
    Lovely to see you Hedda x

4. katycustard

katycustard New commenter

Hello Hedda, I went to bed thinking about you the other night and wondering where you were!
    As Msz says, the Tickell report is probably the biggest thing and single formula funding, whereby nursery classes and nursery schools are paid less than in previous years, to be more on a par with private and voluntary sector.
    This means that some nursery classes will close and some nursery schools too.