1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice please - is this the right move?

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by diacoo, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Hi, if anyone would be willing to pass comment I would really appreciate it.
    I am currently a HOD in a "Good with outstanding features" 11-16 school, but aspire to be a deputy head / vice principle within the next 5 years. I also hope to relocate to an area where the schools all tend to be 11 - 18.
    I have seen an assistant headship with responsibility for my subject area, in an 11 - 18 school. The last four ofsted inspections were 2 x inadequate followed by 2 x satisfactory and improving. There was a new HT in the last inspection.
    Is this a wise move?

2. Hi, if anyone would be willing to pass comment I would really appreciate it.
    I am currently a HOD in a "Good with outstanding features" 11-16 school, but aspire to be a deputy head / vice principle within the next 5 years. I also hope to relocate to an area where the schools all tend to be 11 - 18.
    I have seen an assistant headship with responsibility for my subject area, in an 11 - 18 school. The last four ofsted inspections were 2 x inadequate followed by 2 x satisfactory and improving. There was a new HT in the last inspection.
    Is this a wise move?