1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice please! Interview for level 1 TA supporting SEN students

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by espiga, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Hi all!
    This is my first post here and any advice would be much appreciated! I have an interview this week to be a TA supporting SEN pupils in a secondary school. It said it is a Level 1 position and I have no prior classroom experience although I have volunteered in museum education and taught children in sports classes. I really don't know what to expect from the interview as I have been given nothing to prepare for beforehand, and unfortunately I am sitting exams this week, including the morning of the interview so I am worried my brain will be feeling a bit fried! I am reading up on anything that seems relevant and have checked out other posts about possible interview questions, I just wondered if anyone had any ideas about how interviews for a SEN post may differ from those?
    Many thanks

2. Hi all!
    This is my first post here and any advice would be much appreciated! I have an interview this week to be a TA supporting SEN pupils in a secondary school. It said it is a Level 1 position and I have no prior classroom experience although I have volunteered in museum education and taught children in sports classes. I really don't know what to expect from the interview as I have been given nothing to prepare for beforehand, and unfortunately I am sitting exams this week, including the morning of the interview so I am worried my brain will be feeling a bit fried! I am reading up on anything that seems relevant and have checked out other posts about possible interview questions, I just wondered if anyone had any ideas about how interviews for a SEN post may differ from those?
    Many thanks

3. Hi,
    I'm a level 3 TA supporting SEN children.
    Have a look at the TA interview questions on the thread further down on this board.
    They may ask you about how you would cope with challenging behaviour, how you would adapt activities to make them suitable for your pupils (don't assume that the teachers will do this for you!), how you would recognise and record progress etc.
    They normally ask something about safe guarding and about confidentiality too.
    This link may help too: http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/251416
    Good Luck!