1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice please - comprehensive to grammar with large pay cut?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by sjb1503, May 6, 2012.

1. Dear all

I could really use some advice - I am considering moving from state education where I am head of faculty running several subjects to a grammar school where I will be head of a subject. There are so many issues surrounding the move, but in essence is it a good idea or not?

thanks

2. Dear all

I could really use some advice - I am considering moving from state education where I am head of faculty running several subjects to a grammar school where I will be head of a subject. There are so many issues surrounding the move, but in essence is it a good idea or not?

thanks

3. frustum

frustum Lead commenter

Impossible to say: it depends on what your circumstances are, what you're hoping to get out of the move, what you enjoy, what annoys you, ...
    What are the things that attract you most? What are the things that worry you? People might then be able to comment on those things. Is the grammar private, academy or something else?