1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on yr1 please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by raebarton, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Ok, so I know we have only been back a day but feel I need to ask for advice about my year 1 class. Today was great, children loved the classroom and all the areas we have set up for them to access but...today we did whole class input then two groups worked on the task while the other two chose. This was fine for the first groups but when it came to the other two groups who had been choosing, they had forgotten the input n the task!?? Is there a better way to do it? What else could we try? Any advice please!! Still getting my head round letting them choose - used to ks2!!

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'm doing my inputs with the group as part of the task, not as whole class. Partly for the reason you give.

Know what you mean about the choosing thing...Don't feel I 'taught' a proper lesson today, though they achieved all I wanted them to.

3. cally4

cally4 New commenter

normal y1 behaviour!

4. My children came up with 'how do we play with this' for all the continuous provision. How on earth do input for everything when the longest they can do on the carpet is five minutes? They were well trained at tidying though.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL I had from a group of children "But there is nothing out for us to play with!" Errrr well get it out then!