1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on working walls please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by KATIELOU84, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Clare,
    Pretty please, with sugar on top! (haven't used that phrase for a while)
    susiej3439@hotmail.com

2. Hi,

could I also get a copy of your booklet on teaching walls please? email is mckelviechristine@hotmail.com.
    Greatly appreciated.

3. Could I possibly have a copy of your booklet, we are due a visit soon and would like to set up a wow working wall. Many thanks !!!!!!!
    clare.cookson@sky.com

4. trolley1

trolley1 New commenter

5. kirstenly

kirstenly New commenter

6. This is one of areas i need to improve on. Plz cud i also get a copy?

S_khan00@hotmail.com

Thanx

7. I would love to set up a working wall in my classroom but not sure where to start. If you could send me a copy of the booklet too that would be great my email address is clarebush18@hotmail.com

Thanks so much

8. Hello
    I am interested to see if this would work in a secondary school as well. Please can you send me a copy of the booklet?
    Thanks
    alisophbaz@aol.com

9. planesick

planesick New commenter

hi - we are just starting with this - could i have a copy of the booklet as well? thank you...
    planesick@hotmail.com

10. Can I be cheeky too?? My year 3 wall is looking a bit bare, and as an NQT all ideas are really helpful!!
    cassie_prospect@hotmail.com

Thankyou x

11. We've been doing alot on working walls recently, and they are really very useful if you use them daily with your children as a proper working wall rather than a 'display'. I've got a Year 1 class and we have just finished the Fairytales unit of work. Here are some ideas that may be helpful. We collected 'magpie' words and phrases from traditional and fairytales that the children wanted to collect (like magpies) so they could use them in their own writing (these were only written on sugar paper - nothing needs to be mounted perfectly!). We also have stepping stones showing the simple targets that our Leopard (we are Leopard class) needs to take in order to reach the outcome. It's got some examples of the children's writing on there, and success criteria that the children created for the genre that they use to check their work. It's not a very neat or pristine wall, but the children use it, which is what's intended. (I now need to have a go at doing this for my Numeracy wall!) Hope this helps!

12. summerdayzz18

summerdayzz18 New commenter

Hi Could i also get a copy too

Thanks
    Summerdayz18

13. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I know you're probably sick of requests now but if you don't mind, I would love a copy as I'm thinking of starting one with my SEN class. Thanks

Rachel_38@hotmail.com

14. Rebecca that sounds really interesting. Actually 'working' with your working wall instead of showing 'this is what we did'. Thank you for explaining it. :)

15. lovelylady

lovelylady New commenter