1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on working walls please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by KATIELOU84, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Robin65

Robin65 New commenter

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon also but please can you sen me a copt if your booklet?
    shirl.kiss@btinternet.com

thanks in advance :)

2. whatkatiedid

whatkatiedid New commenter

HI, I know you've been inundated with requests for your brochure for working walls, but is there any chance that you could send me one too? I would be extremely grateful x katiedub@hotmail.com

3. If there's more than about 15 pages it usually is just a "me too" thread. :(

4. Hi, can I also have the booklet plz? Thanks Daisy

my email: homa12076@hotmail.com

5. bunny6

bunny6 New commenter

6. Hiya, currently researching working walls for my dissertation. Would i be able to have a copy of the bookelt and a copy of Lancs layout please.
    Thankyou,
    Hannahsutcliffe1@hotmail.co.uk

7. angrypuppy

angrypuppy New commenter

8. The part of my working wall I use the most are 3 lightweight children's white boards blue tacked to the wall under the headings ' we are learning to' , 'what I am looking for' and 'words we might use' . This way whatever the literacy task we are doing I simply rub off the previous info, discuss it with the children as I'm doing so and write the new info in with them helping me. I don't have to type any fancy signs out for this part if the working wall and we can rub it out and refine it as the week progresses. Hope that helps.

9. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

working walls are SO 2011.

10. AMRITT

AMRITT New commenter

I would too be grateful if you could send me those as well. My email address is amrit_55@hotmail.co.ul, thanks

11. Have you thought of sharing some of your best work with lendmeyourliteracy.org not just sharing on your class learning wall. The site offers examples of writing from around the world, categorised into year groups and genres. A working wall is meant to support learning and help scaffold writing for children, looking at the site and better still sharing work with it really can impact on writing, far more so than just putting some prompts on a board. i speak from experience as both a Deputy Headteacher and Year 5 teacher but also as creator of the site. Please have a look. We would really appreciate your feedback. Subscription is free and takes just two minutes.

12. Teacher-in-Training42

Teacher-in-Training42 New commenter

Hi can you please send it to me too!! Ive emailed you!!