1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on U.A.E. Schools - Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Miss Matt, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Miss Matt

Miss Matt New commenter

Have been looking at a number of options for school teacher roles in Abu Dhabi. I’ve had a few responses and offers of interviews. I understand individual schools cannot be named but does anyone have experience of the relatively new (2017) school in Al Bahya with a name like a world famous ski resort?

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

You will find that quite a few schools are named in something called the International Schools' Review. The ISR does not always make pleasant reading.

You cannot name schools or even allude to them without risking the wrath of the TES Mods.

3. Miss Matt

Miss Matt New commenter

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I cannot find any info on that school on ISR which is why I was hoping someone had some experience in that area. I will keep reading around for now.

4. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

If it is a new school, then I am afraid that it is rather unlikely that you will be able to contact anyone who is actually working there now. And no, there probably won't be any reviews in the ISR. Sometimes a school is part of a group or company, so reading reviews about the other schools in the same group might give you some idea of what the new school might be like.

The general consensus on this TES forum seems to be that AD is nicer than Dubai, but then again there tends to more competition for fewer vacancies when you are applying for jobs in a location that is "flavor of the month". But that won't be a problem if you teach Physics.

Are we talking about a vacancy for the new academic year that is just about to start? Why didn't the school do their recruiting at a sensible time of the year, rather than at the last minute? I can hear some alarm bells ringing...

5. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Established commenter

Never heard of it until I googled it just now. But it got a good ADEK rating which is worth something I guess.

6. Powergnome3

Powergnome3 Occasional commenter

Miss Matt - I have sent you a PM.