1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on teaching abroad

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by not-quite-a-teacher, Mar 6, 2011.

1. not-quite-a-teacher

not-quite-a-teacher New commenter

Hi, I'm wondering if there's anyone that could give me a bit of advice on teaching abroad.
    I'm really interested and exited about the prospect of teaching abroad, as its something that I've always wanted to do. Initially I would like a years contract and would probably come back to England again at the end of it. I'm a primary school teacher and have been teaching in England for two years.
    I've seen quite a few adverts for worldwide jobs with the British Schools Group and was wondering if anyone else has had experience of them that they could share??
    I would appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative!!
    Thanks

2. not-quite-a-teacher

not-quite-a-teacher New commenter

Hi, I'm wondering if there's anyone that could give me a bit of advice on teaching abroad.
    I'm really interested and exited about the prospect of teaching abroad, as its something that I've always wanted to do. Initially I would like a years contract and would probably come back to England again at the end of it. I'm a primary school teacher and have been teaching in England for two years.
    I've seen quite a few adverts for worldwide jobs with the British Schools Group and was wondering if anyone else has had experience of them that they could share??
    I would appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative!!
    Thanks

3. I went abroad for two years. I taught in the USA through the VIF prog. It was a life changing experience! Id encourage you to go for it!!!!!

4. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

Ubfortunately there is no law which stops companies using the word British; some think these cowboys are OK but I'm not too impressed from what I've seen - not worked for them just looking from outside in.