1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

advice on teaching abroad please!

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by silverfern, Oct 26, 2011.

1. silverfern

silverfern New commenter

Salaries (and packages, incl. housing, health insurance, flights, etc) seem to vary widely from school to school. There isn't necessarily a regulated pay scale as you might find in the UK state school system.
    To get some idea, you could try a forum search here on the Teaching Overseas forum. Search for 'salary', 'pension', 'visa' - you should be able to find many discussions on these.

2. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

In my limited experience I'd guess that the Early Years posts are the hardest for International Schools to fill. There always seems to be a multitude on offer from the various tecahing agencies.
    The experience in every school and country is so different yet if you have a particular fondness for being in China that sounds a good place to target. The schools there appear very large and maybe the security of many workmates would be a supportive structure to you settling.

3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I have sent you a PM.