1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on teacher earning opportunites outside typical hours.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mathsteach77, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Hi I left my job (secondary maths teacher) to bring up my little girl who is now 15 months old. I do, however, still need to find ways of bringing in some money. I currently do private tutoring 3 nights a week and on sat mornings (when my husband can look after my daughter), I do exam marking for A-Level - S1 for Edexcel and have written some text book pages for CGP a few months ago.
    Basically I need any other ideas/contacts on ways to earn money as a teacher outside a classic teaching job. I have applied to the AQA and OCR for marking and am appointed but have not had an contracts offered. I can't find any other textbook company other than CGP hiring writers (I currently have no work from them either). I have access periodically to childcare (my sister and parents live an hour and a half away and can look after my daughter for a day or two now and then). I have looked into revision courses and adult evening classes but can't seem to find any leads or information.
    Any ideas?!