1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on setting up an email link with schools abroad?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by growlywench, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Literally as it says in the title - does anyone have any advice on setting up an email link - aiming first for Yr7 students to a school in a German speaking country. Are there any websites or elsewhere I might be able to look at as a starting place to finding a school to link with?
    Thanks!

2. Literally as it says in the title - does anyone have any advice on setting up an email link - aiming first for Yr7 students to a school in a German speaking country. Are there any websites or elsewhere I might be able to look at as a starting place to finding a school to link with?
    Thanks!

3. I have found a few links through etwinning. Sometimes it takes a while to get a response but it is easy enough to use.

4. whapbapboogy

whapbapboogy New commenter

try
    www.thebigchallengeclub.com
    It's great for finding penfriend classes abroad.
    You register, put on details of your classes, send home a letter requesting parental permission for pupils to contact foreign pupils through you, and off you go.

5. I found my partner school through the Global Gateway website
    http://schoolsonline.britishcouncil.org/Global-Gateway
    you need to register your school then you can start searching for your ideal school, or put a message on saying exactly what you are looking for.
    hope this helps

6. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

I would recommend using a personal contact if at all possible. Do you know anyone who teaches in a German school, for example, or is there a German FLA locally who could help out? Do you have a German twin town?

7. Hi
    I teach music, ICT and EFL in a small Swiss (German speaking) school. You can get my email on my personal website at http://manxman.ch/moodle2
    I'm sure we'd have some kids willing to mail or message via our VLE.
    Regards

8. Many thanks guys and gals, it's now a work in progress :D