1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on pay

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by emma_hill14, Oct 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hello everyone,

So, I am an NQT, I have a full time job, but I got it through an agency. Before the school were willing to pay the agency for me, they wanted me to do a probationary period first. That is what I am doing now. Therefore, I am being paid by the agency up until Christmas. This means I get paid weekly by filling out a timesheet.

Now, I am in a bit of a predicament. I have just come to the end of half term. Do I get paid for that week? I am really confused on what to do and the agency are really slow at getting back to me. The timesheet needs to be submitted by tomorrow.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

If you are contracted through the agency then you are paid by them on whatever basis you have negotiated. Usually this is a daily rate for the hours you are in school- holidays are not paid. If you are employed by a school then the contractual arrangement is with them and determined either by school teachers pay and conditions or if they are an academy their own arrangements.