1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on me being verbally abused! (light hearted!)

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by craigblade, Oct 26, 2012.

1. craigblade

craigblade New commenter

I have been doing PE supply now for nearly 3 years, and to be fair i love it. Except i often get named called by alot of students in many different schools.......for my apparently looking like Robbie Williams!!

Now the thing is, it doesnt paticulary bother me , but a liitle bit of me thinks i am being walked over by laughing off their comment such as " Hiya Robbie!!" or their rendition of angels in a corridor!!

My only concern is that other teachers (classroom) probably would not stand to be adressed as any thing else but sir/miss!!

Shall i continue laughing it off or treat it as a serious offence of not addressing me correctly? Cant make my mind up!!
    Advice please!

2. craigblade

craigblade New commenter

I have been doing PE supply now for nearly 3 years, and to be fair i love it. Except i often get named called by alot of students in many different schools.......for my apparently looking like Robbie Williams!!

Now the thing is, it doesnt paticulary bother me , but a liitle bit of me thinks i am being walked over by laughing off their comment such as " Hiya Robbie!!" or their rendition of angels in a corridor!!

My only concern is that other teachers (classroom) probably would not stand to be adressed as any thing else but sir/miss!!

Shall i continue laughing it off or treat it as a serious offence of not addressing me correctly? Cant make my mind up!!
    Advice please!

3. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Perhaps when you first meet a class and someone mentions Robbie Williams, you can make a joke about it and then tell the class that in future, you are to be addressed as Sir.
    This is a hard one, since I don't think that the students are being malicious - but in any event, you deserve respect. I think they may think you are somewhat "cool" for looking like Robbie Williams.
    If you do look that much like Robbie Williams, maybe on your days off you could hire yourself out as a Robbie Williams look a like. You might be surprised on how much you could earn.