1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

advice on GCSE retakes please

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tod sal, Jun 27, 2011.

  1. My son is in Yr 11 and is moving out this weekend. ( All good- he has an apprenticeship.) However, he will need to retake a GCSE paper. The college he will be attending (pt) doesn't offer this subject, but he will have left his school so I don't think he can do it through them. Can I somehow arrange this? Do I need to find if a school local to him that offers it and approach them? Thanks for any pointers.
  2. His current school may let him sit it as a private candidate. It's worth asking them.
  3. marshypops

    marshypops New commenter

    I don't know the answer but I would do the following:
    1. Speak to current school and ask if he can re-sit as a private candidate.
    2. Ask a local (to him) school or college if he can sit as a private candidate.
    Good luck

    ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

    Try posting this on the FE forum - they seem to be a helpful bunch.

Share This Page