1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on Early Years Foundation - Communication, Language and Literacy

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by debbiehep, Feb 24, 2012.

1. You really need to politely persist with enquiring what is going on in the nursery.
    It is YOUR child and you have concerns. People on here can, at best, sympathise - but it is clear that you need to do some more finding out - and there is no reason whatsoever why the nursery people should not be more informative and helpful.
    It may well be that your son, and other children, would simply be happy just to have a 'bag' like some of the other children and this bag could simply contain some lovely story books to be shared with you at home.
    You shouldn't even have to tread on eggshells with this issue.

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

I'm shocked by this. All the children should have a bag, and every bag should hold a book that has been chosen by the child. Anything else is a bonus.
    'Levels' used like this with such little children are invidious things.
    Demand a book. Be loud about it.

must stop now - mr inky says that it's Friday and I shouldn't still be spluttering about such idiocies.

Good luck!

3. thanks for the response, I do feel kids have enough to deal with when they are older, certainly don't need it at the age of 3, just seems so divisive. I just wanted someone who is experienced educationally with someone of my son's age to concur with this, have arranged a meeting at the nursery for Monday.