1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on career change

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by sally_12, Dec 28, 2017.

1. sally_12

sally_12 New commenter

I've been working with nursery children for 7 years now(NVQ Level 3 qualified), but have always wanted to be a Teaching Assistant.I am not interested in changing my job role in a nursery setting. I looking to make the transition from nursery to a school, but am unsure on how to do so. I have been applying for TA jobs for several years now but have never got any job interviews, which makes me feel like I need something else to boost my application. I do have experience with school age children through volunteer work and paid work at my current job (after school club). Is there qualifications or courses I can go on to give myself a stronger application? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

sarahaurangzeb likes this.
  2. kellywinters16

kellywinters16 New commenter

There are courses you can take to enhance your skills and become a qualified TA. Have you tried agencies?

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Consider your basic qualifications. Schools will look for English and Maths to help support literacy and numeracy.
    Possession of first aid certificates can also be advantageous