1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on burning a cd

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Seadream, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I've burned them in the past, but when I burn from my new computer, they won't play. Can I just check that you burn onto DC-R and is there anything that I may be doing wrong? I'm just trying to make a mix cd for my almost 4 year old for his birthday as I've bought him a kids karaoke cd player.

2. if you are burning a cd to play on an ordinary cd player you will have to convert the mp3 file to audio first. An mp3 file burnt to a cd will only play on a computer or mp3 cd player.
    CD-R are fine as long as the cd player/burner on your pc is compatible with CD-R...otherwise you may have to use CD+R.
    Try finalising the disk when you've burned it.

3. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I'm making a mix from other cds that I've ripped, so I've made a playlist of the songs I like. How do I know if my PC/CD player are compatible? Maybe I should just get CD+R to be on the safe side. Not sure that I was given the option to finalise...

4. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Thanks Bauble, I'll give it a try x

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I usually use Windows media player and it asks if you want to burn an audio CD. That is the one you need if you want to play it on a cd player.