1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Jadek95, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Jadek95

Jadek95 New commenter

Hi everyone!

I am a year 3 BA Primary Education student and require some advice.
    I am currently completing a presentation for an assignment, which focuses on an important aspect of a core curriculum subject. I have chosen Literacy as my core curriculum subject and want to talk about the use of multi modal stimuli within writing. As on placement i used The Literacy Shed, which produced some of the best creative and discussion based writing i have seen. However, upon researching this area, i have come unstuck on what to classify my key area as. Is it: Multi modal literacy? Digital literacy? Stimuli within writing? Multimedia literacy?

Any thoughts would be appreciated on how you would classify the use of such resources within writing.
    Jade

2. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

If you're just using videos from the site as stimulus then I'd say it's just 'using multimedia in the classroom' or 'using multimedia as a stimulus to aid literacy' - the term 'multimedia literacy' implies that the students are able to access multimedia themselves, understand it, evaluate it (how is multimedia used for propaganda, etc), make it themselves and so on - surely that is not what you mean by the term.