1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed with applying for different consortiums/providers!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by tbird800, May 30, 2011.

1. I am applying for the GTP to start in September 2012 and I am a little confused about the application process because there are a couple of different providers that I want to apply for, however one of them- the one that I really want to get onto- places you in their own schools so you dont have to find a supporting school, and its just the two schools the work with so dont make ties with other schools.
    The others you need to find a supporting school- so if I go about finding myself a school to support my application and then get accepted onto the first course that places you themselves, I'm assuming that I just tell the other school I found somewhere else?

Sorry that might be a really silly and obvious question but I just wanted to check that I'm doing things correctly.

2. I am applying for the GTP to start in September 2012 and I am a little confused about the application process because there are a couple of different providers that I want to apply for, however one of them- the one that I really want to get onto- places you in their own schools so you dont have to find a supporting school, and its just the two schools the work with so dont make ties with other schools.
    The others you need to find a supporting school- so if I go about finding myself a school to support my application and then get accepted onto the first course that places you themselves, I'm assuming that I just tell the other school I found somewhere else?

Sorry that might be a really silly and obvious question but I just wanted to check that I'm doing things correctly.

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Firstly do check that the application process is still open, in many places they have already recruited for this Sept. Don't rely on the websites they may just contain general information which has not been updated, do phone and talk with the DRB. There are 2 main systems operating - you apply centrally to the DRB they then place you in school- you find a school willing to employ you then you apply to the DRB. Either way you need to realise that the GTP is highly competitive and the number of places varies by location around the county and priority is usually given to shortage secondary subjects. If you are applying for secondary shortage subject then you are more likely to get in without much classroom experience- primary is heavioy oversubscribed and often they look for classroom exerience as a TA as a big boost to applications.