1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed urgently. Any responses appreciated

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by afsheen1239873, May 22, 2019.

1. Henna647398393

Henna647398393 New commenter

Hi,

I was offered a job in Kuwait today as a single female teacher for an Early Years Teacher position. The school will do my induction period as I am an NQT. The contract is for two years.

I wanted to know would I find any difficulty finding a position in the UK when I returned as I will have completed my NQT year abroad.

However, i qualified in 2016 and have had a few temporary teaching positions in the UK as well as supply. So i would have experience of both.

Any replies would be very much appreciated as I am feeling very unsure of what step to take.

2. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

You'll find it hard to come back to the UK after the luxuries of an international school. You'll have no experience to speak of over here in 2021 and no contacts.

If you are ok to come back to the UK and work supply etc then you'll be fine but if you want to come straight back to a full time teaching post here, it will be very difficult.

afsheen1239873 likes this.
  3. Henna647398393

Thank you for your response. I qualified in 2016 and have been on supply since then. I have been struggling to find a full time permanent position locally and was looking to move to London. However, the option of international teaching has arised.

From your message I now feel like the situation I am in, and the opportunity in front of me would only help me to grow and clear some of my debts on the way.

4. Marshall

Marshall Lead commenter

Go for it! You may never come back.

5. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Not necessarily.

Check with DfE as to whether completion of your NQT year out of the UK is valid.

I suspect that it is not.

6. Henna647398393

Thank you so much for your message it told me exactly what I had to do next.

The school is a member of the BSME, CIS and BSO.

I contacted DfE to see if my induction year would be accepted in the UK from the school. DfE have said the school will qualify for an induction period if the inspection from BSME was completed within the last 3 years. The last inspection the school had was from 2015.

The headteacher has responded to my email and said that the observation was completed by PENTA last year but due to admin problems it's not been published. How can I check this is true and it really has been completed as I don't want to take on the job if my NQT induction is not completed?

Tomorrow is my last day to give my verdict on the job as I had my interview yesterday.

Please help. Any advice appreciated.

7. nomad

nomad Star commenter

8. krakowiak6

krakowiak6 New commenter

What is the salary they've offered you out of interest as an NQT that you feel you should go to Kuwait?