1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed, please.

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by misstippytoes, Sep 27, 2015.

1. misstippytoes

misstippytoes New commenter

At the age of 61 years, I've decided to take retirement. Is there any reason why I couldn't work two or three days a week? I thought it was all gong to be quite straight forward, but after reading posts where it states you can only work if you retire before the age of 60 years, I'm getting more and more confused!!! Admittedly I could have jumped to the wrong conclusion - which is quite usual for me!! Can somebody please explain in simple language what I can or can't do workwise as I'll need to earn 'something' to keep me afloat. Only 15 years in TPS. :(

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Phone TP. They are usually helpful and clear while we are sometimes wrong while usually well intentioned.

3. wanet

wanet Star commenter

You can work, but there is a limit to the amount that you can work. You need to tell, via employer, your earnings. All details are on TPS site.