1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed please.

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by pilchard108, Aug 12, 2015.

1. I am wondering if you have any advice for me.

I was working at a Primary school since my NQT year. I am on m4 pay scale. I moved primary schools and during my interview I asked about performance related pay due to moving during the academic year and my targets being linked to my last school. My current head said he was not sure what would happen and would get back to me.

Yesterday he told me that due to not having any targets for performance related pay he would be paying me a recruitment/retainer bonus for the year. I am not sure what this is financially for me? I would have met my targets at my last school. When I joined there predicted ks1 phonics was 28% however due to intense teaching and additional phonics I managed 67.5% once they sat the test.

How does this affect my pay the following year? As I will still be an M4 and not M5 for 2015-2016 as then it will be threshold ?

2. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

Ask for a copy of your school's pay policy. There are no longer national rules, but they must apply their policy consistently. There is also no threshold - you can apply to go onto the upper pay scale whenever your school's policy says you can. Under the old rules, you had to be on M6 to apply.

3. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

And put together your case based on evidence from the previous school.