1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed please.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JRTowner, May 11, 2011.

1. The whole point is the bag was brand new and not cheap. I appreciate it was an accident but then again the drinks tray was over full and I was not responsible for the spillage.
    I don't wish to extract as much punnishment as possible but I do think it unfair that my bag should be damaged within hours of using it because of someone else's incompetance.
    Anyway today BF did go back to the restaurant and the manager was very apologetic and said under normal circumstances they would expect us to have the bag cleaned but because it was less than 24 hours old they would refer the matter to head office to have the money reimbursed.

I used to be a customer service manager for a well known supermarket and have to say I would have got the store manager's authorisation to reimburse the customer as soon as possible for the £200 had the store been responsible for similar damage.

2. Thank goodness you only have a bag to worry about. I think perhaps too bad is more appropriate a response than the above fandango.