1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed please - What next after LFTM ?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by angelface22, Aug 30, 2011.

1. angelface22

angelface22 New commenter

I really want to take the next step into senior management - Assistant Head to start with. I have completed my LFTM course and need advice of what I should do next.
    There are no gaps in my current school for movement into SMT. No TLR's are offered either, although I have led and managed a department.
    Suggestions for next move would be fantastic please. I am primary trained and have been teaching for 15+ years.
    Thank you in advance for any advice given.

2. Leading from the middle is an excellent course & worth doing. Have you led core subjects effectively? Have you been in one school 15 years? Have you taught across the age range? Dealt with challenging circumstances? Do you want to be a Deputy next or a Head? If so, what is driving you? Reciprocal questions to answer for yourself. If you want it, can do it then what is stopping you? Go get it!

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Look and apply for jobs in other schools - surely?

4. Hi Angelface,
    What is it that is holding you back? You seem well qualified and experienced and so I'm curious as to what led you putting this post up.
    Looking forward to finding out more
    Sonia

5. jellandy

jellandy New commenter

Leadership Pathways is a good course, but you should really look for some senior leadership experience first - as previous posts state, moving to find that is usually necessary!