1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed on 'RACS' please!!

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by becstar76, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Hey guys! I have just joined an agency and got my first long-term contract in a SEN school which I am so exctited about. However, with regards to pay, my agency works with an unbrella company called RACS. It seems a very confusing system and smells slightly dodgy to me. Does anyone know anything about it? Thanks.

2. Go over to the supply forum and look there. There are quite a few posts about umbrella companies though not that one. Tread carefully.

3. grshall

grshall New commenter

Prepare to be ripped off to the tune of £6 a day for their service. As if that's not bad enough they will then charge you the employer's NIC in addition to your own employee contribution. On top of that, they will charge you with any employer's pension contribution. Don't ask how they get away with it ... this is a national disgrace. Sign the petition to bring these cowboys to book although I think nothing will change under this coalition government. They love seeing teachers squirm and seethe .... unbelievable!!

4. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I've been paid through RACS previously. Are you having to enter your hours, travel expenses etc. through their website?

5. wanet

wanet Star commenter

You can request that the agency doesn't pay you through an umberella company.