1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Needed on Counselling

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by anon559, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Try saying to her that you have something to tell her but don't know how to say it. Take it from there. She will, or should, know how to deal with it.

It sounds like you are getting to to the heart of something. Once you start and let her handle it, so to speak, you'll get through it.

You are control, she is there to guide, help and engage you in the process.

2. If she is any good she will already know. She will have sussed out your 'Please People' driver (look it up on a TA website, it's very interesting), and will sort it out. My guess is she has taken it to her Supervisor and won't let you hide behind it much longer. I wouldn't.

3. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

Write it down. If she is any good she won't mind and will be more pleased that you've been open as that is what will help.

4. Hi. I'm no expert, but I'd imagine that your need to maintain an image goes hand in hand with low self-esteem ... as do people pleasing and wanting others to like you.
    I'm sure your counsellor will be well equipped in helping you overcome these feelings (which, as a people pleaser myself, sound perfectly normal/familiar!) but you must be honest to her about them.
    All the best x

5. lilykitty

lilykitty New commenter

Thanks for all the replies. You know when you know something really, but it helps to hear other people saying it? [​IMG]

6. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Yep, I know that one!