1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed! Interview ideas for outdoor leader??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by crossleyalex, Feb 19, 2019.

1. crossleyalex

crossleyalex New commenter

Hi all! Currently in the process of finding a person to run our new outdoor curriculum/area. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of interviewing (or has been interviewed) for an outdoor position and what kind of questions were asked? Did you have to complete a task etc?

thanks in advance :)

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I've never known outdoor curriculum to be an entire job to itself.
    It's always been an add on extra for a class teacher.

3. Gsr25

Gsr25 Occasional commenter

I’m an outdoor learning leader but my role has kind of evolved since being at the school so I’ve not had an interview specific to that. However, from what a colleague has shared with me from their interview experiences, they had to do an activity with a group of children, a written task on how they would extend the outdoor area or what their vision would be to enhance it.
    Questions included things like: how would you engage a lively y6 group who love conflict games?
    How would the provision go up through the school?
    Can you describe an activity that would engage year 1 and link to their topic of bears?
    Also think about how you would like them to assess pupils progress, do you have a planning tool in place or would you like them to devise one? Are you looking for someone who has forest school training or is just leading curriculum based outdoor learning provision.