1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed from an NQT Early Years Teacher

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Henna647398393, May 29, 2019.

1. Henna647398393

Henna647398393 New commenter

Hello,

I have finally managed to get an interview for a Reception teacher next week after years. I am very pleased!

However, I want to try my absolute best in securing the position. The lesson objective is about addition. I wanted to know of anyone had any ideas or tips for the lesson/ interview on what I could do. That is all the information i have been given and that it will be for 30 minutes.

I would be grateful for any advice. Much appreciated.

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

What would you like to do?
    Look at development matters for ELGs, the year 1 NC and at something like White Rose plans for an idea of the level expected and then plan something exciting that meets the standards.

Best of luck.

Pomza likes this.
  3. teapot24

teapot24 New commenter

Most children at this stage will be working within the early learning goal so take a good look at it and think what you want them to learn, then have a look for some ideas you could try pinterest for provision (depending on the length of time the lesson is you might want to do a short input followed by some enhanced provision geared towards your objective.)