1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed for interview tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by lcouch12, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Hey there everyone,
    i have an interview tomorrow with mixed reception/year 1 class and i have been told that i will be doing a variety of tasks in the morning and 2 short teaching lessons. I have not been told what i will be teaching and will find out in the morning. I'm hoping it consists of reading a story. But is there any advice you would give me to maybe prepare for this and activities that could be used for any story?
    any advice will be greatly recieved!! panicing about the unknown!
    Lucy

2. Personally I wouldn't go. I certainly would not do any teaching without having had the opportunity to plan out what I was going to do. It seems the school is going a bit overboard on this. One 20 minute teaching activity should suffice. Good luck but such a ridiculous selection process does not bode well for the future.

3. I have been to a similar interview where I found out on the morning what the learning objective would be, mine was a phonics activity. I took some basic resources like a puppet, story book, whiteboard and pen, jingles, number and letter cards but I was able to ask for resources when I got there. I was given about half an hour to plan my activity but this was whilst I was being observed exploring the classrooms with fellow candidates and while the children were in free flow. GOOD LUCK!