1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

advice needed for interview please

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by audge1955, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Hi
    I have an interview next week for KS3 , I have to give a 30 min lesson . I am ok with what I am doing, but can anyone advise me on what areas I should include in my lesson plan - I haven't taught in a school for years, although have been teaching in a college but am not sure if the planning is the same. many thanks

2. Hi
    I have an interview next week for KS3 , I have to give a 30 min lesson . I am ok with what I am doing, but can anyone advise me on what areas I should include in my lesson plan - I haven't taught in a school for years, although have been teaching in a college but am not sure if the planning is the same. many thanks

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I always do mine the same way. If you have a look on this resource of mine, I have a plan on there you can look at. This was how we were taught on PGCE, others may do if differently.
    Best of luck! x

4. Our school lesson plans tend to include the following: topic, group, lesson, no of students, any sen details known, Learning objective and outcomes (differentiated), Starter activity, main (broken down with teacher and student activity), plenary, differentiation, extension activities, resources etc
    I would say that the format does not really matter. I mean yes it will get looked at but from experience of being involved in interviews we have had people whose lesson plans were not the most detailed but taught a fantastic lesson and in my opinion that is much better than someone whose lesson plan is great but lesson is not great.
    Hope all goes well

5. We had a meeting last night on outstanding lessons.
    Link to previous lesson (cant really do that tho)
    Starter
    Main
    Plenary
    Differentiation
    Engagement
    Appropriate challenge
    Assessment for learning
    Think thats about it :) good luck xx

6. I hope I am not responding too late. At our school we are preparing for an impending OFSTED visit. We have been advised to include mini plenaries throughout the lesson to audit learning. I am not sure if this is possible within 30 minutes. Good luck with the interview.