1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed for a new science coordinator!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ugly-bird, Jun 11, 2012.

1. I've been asked if I would consider being the science coordinator next year, although I'm happy to swap (am currently history/geography) I am in foundation and never had experience beyond here.
    Can anyone give me any advice about workload and where to begin - I feel a bit lost - would REALLY appreciate it!

2. I've been asked if I would consider being the science coordinator next year, although I'm happy to swap (am currently history/geography) I am in foundation and never had experience beyond here.
    Can anyone give me any advice about workload and where to begin - I feel a bit lost - would REALLY appreciate it!

3. is anyone doing the job at the moment or is the job going to be newly created? If someone is doing it already it is so much easier - carry on with what the current post holder is doing and then as you see things that could be improved gradually change thiem.
    A lot more difficult / more work if it's a new position because you will need to set everyhting up. but there is a good website that gives advice on this somewhere can't think what it is off hand but i'm will have a think and maybe someone else can help too.