1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

advice - meeting

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by clementinesandbrazilnuts, Feb 10, 2012.

1. I have had an awful time of late, everything seems to have happened at once and it has left me feeling shaken and so, so anxious and worried all the time. At the peak of it, I was unable to sleep, had thoughts racing through my head, felt and sometimes was sick and lost a great deal of weight.
    The main problems were caused in the workplace and I am pleased to say that I managed to secure another job. I simply can't put into words the relief I felt when I was offered another position. On the advice of both the union, my doctor and the head I have been away from work for a week and planned to go back after the half term holiday. I have of course sent cover in every day.
    I've just had an email from the Head to say that they want to meet with me the first morning back, and I have to bring with me various pieces of coursework (all of which are at school) and it's brought back all of those feelings I mentioned earlier. My legs are shaking and I want to cry. I feel absolutely pathetic for letting an email get to me like this. I'm not a weak person but just feel I've been put through too much lately and just wanted to put it all behind me and move on.
    Should I ask for union representation to accompany me to the meeting, or would that just inflame / antagonise the situation?
    I don't know what to do for the best.