1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice - GCSE Film Studies

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by sunflower48, Jun 7, 2011.

1. sunflower48

sunflower48 New commenter

Could someone give advice please - students in year 10 have done one year GCSE course on Media Studies and are due to take exam. What do you do with these students in Year 11? Do you opt for GCSE Film Studies? Or retake the course, improving previous results? Any advice would be appreciated please.

Many thanks

2. sunflower48

sunflower48 New commenter

Could someone give advice please - students in year 10 have done one year GCSE course on Media Studies and are due to take exam. What do you do with these students in Year 11? Do you opt for GCSE Film Studies? Or retake the course, improving previous results? Any advice would be appreciated please.

Many thanks

3. lizgaskell

lizgaskell New commenter

Hi there
    I am going to be teaching Film Studies, for the first time, this Septemeber for pretty much the same reasons. I have been teaching AQA GCSE Media for about 7-8 yrs now.
    I have found the Film Studies spec, resource materials (oh yes) and the centre (WJEC) more than helpful.
    They already have many of the skills -expecially as they have just been studying AA films for exam- to do well on this course.
    Good luck
    Liz

4. lizgaskell

lizgaskell New commenter

Hi again
    You could even do the AQA media Studies diploma?
    Liz