1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice from heads please......

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by mrjack, Oct 1, 2010.

1. mrjack

mrjack New commenter

In a nutshell. I work in an EBD school. Last March I was suspended accused of assaulting a fellow colleague with a dinner tray. The head was bullying me before this( I was incontact with my union about it and he did recieve a written warning about Bullying around three years ago) and used the situation to try and ruin my career.
    I was reinstated after suspension, the case was thrown out by the Disciplinary panel and the people who tried to ruin my career had/have a lot of egg on their faces.
    It was a case of school politics taken to the extreme. I was off sick from March until September but have now had to go back to the place of work. I don’t feel safe here have no working relationship with the Head or the people who lied about me. I want to leave as it is not a healthy situation and I fear the head will try again at some point to save some face for him.
    I am 36 years old and have been in the post for 4 years. Previous to that I was abroad teaching and traveling for 18 months. When I was 25 I also worked abroad and traveled for a year.I am seriously considering handing in my notice to finish at xmas a then traveling and doing some Volunteering and then some English teaching for 18 months or so.
    Career wise is this a bad move to be off again traveling and doing some teaching, all be it Volunteering or TEFL?
    Thanks in advance,

2. What did you do?I am in a similar situation. D