1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice for those new to Headship

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by TheoGriff, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Just read this and I will start one first thing on Monday morning. I think my memory is going as staff are having to remind me of things I have agreed to!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I am going to charge you all 50p for the tip!

Best wishes

artbinki likes this.
  3. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Here you are. image.jpeg

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

5. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

..and here is mine!
    50_pence_2013_Ironside.jpg

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Enough for a bar of

[​IMG]

Thank you!

Best wishes

Keighleigh likes this.
  7. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

I'm sorry , I don't have the required requisition form at home and I've upset my administrator enough for one week. Could you possibly invoice us?

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

9. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I am currently a deputy of a large school and hoping to be accepted onto the NPQH this September. I have to say I never really thought about such things - I have always just assumed that e-mail evidence would suffice. I think I may try this from September. Not sure if I will stick to it as sometimes I just seem to be running around like crazy trying to keep all the plates spinning. I am also a huge 'electronic' person (diary online and everything is typed!) and I don't seem to handwrite anything anymore..

Will definitely give it some thought though!

10. lmnop

lmnop Occasional commenter

Hmmm. Would be interesting if a teacher kept a similar record and their account of an incident or conversation differed greatly from the headteacher's.

11. peterfogarty

peterfogarty New commenter

Wonderful idea. I too am just starting for the first time as head of an international school and will get a book! I might even use a PDA... it means I don't lose it!

12. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Bump

Best wishes to all those new to SLT this coming term.