1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice for setting up as a tutor

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by m_whyman, Oct 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. m_whyman

m_whyman New commenter

Hi
    I am leaving full time teaching in December and want to set up as a tutor. I would welcome advice from anyone out there who has gone through this process. I already tutor in the evenings, travelling to students' homes. Ideally, however, I would like to work from home and would like to be able to offer small group sessions (the idea being that this will make it more affordable, both for me and students). Can any one tell me:
    The legalities of tutoring from home
    The legalities/possible problems of small group tutoring
    Also, although I understand it wouldn't be necessary, has anyone used an agency to get a DBS certificate independently? If so - recommendations please!
    Thanks!

2. Claire121

Claire121 New commenter

Hi. It might be worth asking the same questions on the Private Tutors forum.
    You might find that there are people who can give you more specific information about the ins and outs!

agathamorse likes this.
  3. thin_ice

thin_ice Occasional commenter

You’ll find a lot of threads about this in the Private Tutor section in Role

agathamorse likes this.