1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice for secondary colleague wanting to take GCSE Art

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by brookes, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Do you think this is possible? I'm pretty sure the staff in our Art department would be incredibly generous with their time and advice and I'd really like to make the time to take GCSE Art. I just can't see how I could take the exam, what with it being under controlled conditions in school time.

2. Do you think this is possible? I'm pretty sure the staff in our Art department would be incredibly generous with their time and advice and I'd really like to make the time to take GCSE Art. I just can't see how I could take the exam, what with it being under controlled conditions in school time.

3. paintbrush

paintbrush New commenter

have you a local collage? maybe thats the way to do it, you can always then ask at school for advice if your stuck

4. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

I did 3x GCSE exams in my school, Art and Design, Graphics, Fine Art. Consecutive years. Used PPA time for the ten hour piece. Did most of coursework after school. Also extended this so that another teacher and learning mentor took GCSEs in Art. School fully supportive. Kids loved it. Go for it.